SILHAK Creation Musical: Dasan Jeong Yakyong, Hapicheop’s Return Home Close
- Venue/ Saam Art Hall, Namyangju
- Participants/ People of all ages
- Period/ 2018.11.20(Tue)
2018 marks the 200th year since Dasan Jeong Yakyong returned to his hometown of Namyangju from a long exile in Gangjin and also published Mokminsimseo, his most well-known work. The Museum of Silhak hosts an original musical of Dasan Jeong Yakyong, Hapicheop’s Return Home, a piece that explains “Hapicheop”, Treasure No. 1683-2 and Dasan’s relic. We kindly ask for your continued attention and participation in this exciting performance in which Dasan’s life stories and love for his family may be witnessed.
NJP Homecoming Day Close
- Venue/ Nam June Paik Art Center
- Period/ 2018.12.01(Sat)
It has already been 10 years since Nam June Paik Art Center first opened its doors. Looking back at the old times, the faces of our dear #friends come to mind. We would like to prepare an exciting reunion for you with our volunteer friends who have been enjoying and sharing the art of Nam June Paik.
GGCF 2018 G Museum Festival Close
- Venue/ Gyeonggi Museum of Modern Art, Gyeonggi Children’s Museum, Nam June Paik Art Center
- Participants/ Anyone (no restrictions on admittance, excluding indoor events)
- Period/ 2018.11.10(Sat) ~ 2018.12.11(Tue)
From November 10 to November 11, the festival will be held at G Museum Park (Gyeonggi Museum, Gyeonggi Children's Museum, Baeknam Jun Art Center).
GCM Poop! Poop! An old tale told by a grandmother: Kongjwi and Patjwi, by Surabul Company Close
- Venue/ Performing stage on 2nd floor
- Participants/ Any child over 24 months, individual (group) visitors
- Period/ 2018.11.20(Tue) ~ 2018.12.09(Sun)
A fresh interpretation of a folk tale into a marionette show and a participatory game. This is a work that combines a well-known folk tale, Kongjwi and Patjwi, and Poop Poop Grandma, the main character of this play who is based on the Jeju myths of Mago Halmang and Seolmundae Halmang.
GGCF Gyeonggi Millennium Drone Photo Contest Close
- Participants/ Any individuals
- Period/ 2018.10.18(Thu) ~ 2018.11.02(Fri)
As the central and regional administrative systems were reorganized and reinforced in the 9th year of the reign of Hyeonjong of Goryeo (1018), the capital of Goryeo (Gaegyeong) and the surrounding 12 cities were combined to become what was called “Gyeonggi.”
NJP Winner of the Nam June Paik Art Center Prize 2018
Demonstrating his innovative and adventurous spirit in line with Nam June Paik, Trevor Paglen Wins the Nam June Paik Art Center Prize 2018.