2018 Gyeonggi Cultural Heritage School Close
- Venue/ 3F Multipurpose Hall at Gyeonggi Cultural Foundation
- Participants/ Any adults interested in history and cultural relics
- Period/ 2018.08.29(Wed) ~ 2018.12.05(Wed)
The 《2018 Gyeonggi Cultural Heritage School》 is a cultural studies course that finds the significance in historical and cultural relics of Gyeonggi-do with residents. This year, in honor of Gyeonggi’s 1,000 years and 1,100 years of the founding of Goryeo, the course will address the Gyeonggi region, Taejo of Goryeo, cultural relics of Gaeseong, Buddhism, architectural structure and tombs.
《To Show the Way to Parents》—Talk Concert for Parents’ Education Prepared by Gyeonggi Cultural Foundation and Gyeonggi Children’s Museum Close
- Venue/ Gyeonggi Children’s Museum
- Period/ 2018.07.15(Sun) ~ 2018.08.26(Sun)
There is no practice for parenting! How do we know the best forms of child-rearing when there is only the real thing? Join this event to find a compass of wisdom to help guide you through the journey of becoming good parents!
First Special Lecture on the Old Road of Namhansanseong Fortress Close
- Venue/ Gyeonggido Namhansanseong World Heritage Centre
- Period/ 2018.07.28(Sat)
- A special lecture on the historical cultural resources around the old road of Namhansanseong Fortress
- A lecture delivered by the expert on the old road of Namhansanseong Fortress
Academic Symposium on Temporary Palace Site at Bukhansanseong Fortress (Historic Site no.479) Close
- Venue/ 2F, Meeting room of Ilsandong-gu Office, Goyang-si
- Period/ 2018.07.13(Fri)
The symposium will be held at 1 pm on July 13 (Fri.) at the 2F meeting room of Ilsandong-gu Office, Goyang-si, with the topic of 《The Way to Preserve, Manage, and Utilize the Temporary Palace Site at Bukhansanseong Fortress》. It is the event to re-think about the meaning and value of the Temporary Palace and to gather in-depth opinions about its preservation and utilization.
《Succession and Reform: Culture & Art in New North Korea》—The 7th Cultural Policy Forum Close
- Venue/ Gyeonggi Art Platform·gap on the first floor of GGCF
- Period/ 2018.07.11(Wed)
Following the announcement of the Panmunjeom Declaration for Peace, Prosperity, and Unification of the Korean Peninsula after the Inter-Korean Summit on April 27, and the forecast of North Korea-U.S. Summit on June 12, the outlook has been spread for exchanges between North and South Korea in every field, including art and culture.
2018 Gyeonggi Creation Center Residential Artist Tour of Maehyang-ri and Maehyang-ri Studio Close
- Venue/ Maehyang-ri and Maehyang-ri Studio, Siheung Baraji-gil, Siheung Gaetgol Eco Park
- Period/ 2018.07.11(Wed)
This is an opportunity for communication and understanding of the local community through locality research linked to residential artists of the Gyeonggi Creation Center and cultural arts within Gyeonggi-do. At the same time, it supports contemporary artists’ creative activities while providing discussion opportunities of the roles and identities that residential artists must aim for.